Looking to make a difference?
Copper Projects’ purpose is to provide the development and execution of our capital projects, in order to ensure a high level of confidence and predictability in the delivery of our existing and future operational opportunities and requirements.
It aims to resource all key projects and studies with the right team, to deliver on the agreed objectives and manage all project and engineering contractor relationships; providing specialist support across all Copper projects and studies in key areas of Project Management, Engineering Management and Project Controls.
The purpose of this role is to provide regional engineering management leadership in the planning, design and execution of capital projects. To Lead and ensure the application of Engineering Management Principles in capital projects, in order to optimise business value, while maintaining a Discipline specific subject matter expertise area.
What you will do
- Be responsible for the implementation and coordination of the project engineering discipline for all Copper projects.
- Interact and guide Anglo American operational owners team with regards to engineering deliverables, advancing to global leadership in engineering management and application of best in class technology.
- Identify and/or develop options for value optimisation through application of best practices, considering synergies across the full project scope and all project disciplines.
- Provide project teams and project engineers with guidance on scope, design criteria, tenders as well as environmental and legal documents, as required.
- Ensure compliance with group technical standards throughout project development and execution phases.
- Develop and maintain a strategy for the establishment and application of a world class design engineering approach
- Identify and prioritise core technical design fundamentals and concepts to maximise capital efficiency through fit for purpose, repeatable designs, scope optimisation and value engineering
- Contribute to the development of an integrated Engineering management methodology across all studies and execution projects, including commissioning and start up
- Active involvement in technical and execution teams to ensure a timely cohesive integrated view of a construction and operability driven engineering process focused on driven capital efficiency and operability
- Lead the application of a standardised approach/framework to facilitate the consistent application of Discipline Specific design engineering concepts across the Copper capital projects portfolio and identified critical SIB projects
- Develop and maintain a Project Engineering Management framework to facilitate world class delivery of capital projects.
What you will need to have
- An undergraduate qualification (Bachelors / Honours degree or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline
- A postgraduate qualification (Masters / Doctoral degree or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline OR a proven track record of extensive practical experience in a role and context of similar complexity
- A demonstrated thought leader in the area of Engineering management, covering a range of commodities and operating conditions in a large organisation
- An extensive career of depth and breadth in the application of Engineering Management Principles in Group capital projects covering a range of commodities and operating conditions
- Strong operational Mining experience in the application of Engineering Management Principles in capital projects covering a range of commodities.
- Advanced level of spoken and written English and Spanish are a must
- Regular international and local travel will be required
- Flexibility to work with project teams.
- IT application skills
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
In Anglo American we are firmly convinced that diversity is the greater value of our organization. This is why, all our job vacancies are available for all people that fulfill the job description. We are an inclusive Company and want you to be a part of it. Gender diversity, LGTB+, age, culture/religion, ethnicity or any disability condition is welcome (Law Nº 21.015).
Closing date: 22/09/2021