Shape your future
Element Six, part of De Beers Group, is a global leader in the design, development and production of synthetic diamond and tungsten carbide supermaterials.
With research and development facilities and manufacturing sites in the UK, Ireland, Germany, South Africa and the US, we have been pushing the boundaries of synthetic diamond innovation for more than 60 years. We utilise the extreme properties of synthetic diamond to open up new possibilities in exciting areas such as quantum optics, acoustics and thermal conductivity.
Our success comes from building strong, collaborative relationships, both internally in our extraordinary teams, and externally with our customers. We strive to deliver extreme performance and we seek talented, ambitious people who will thrive in an environment that fosters individuality, inclusivity, innovation and creativity.
We offer an exciting and varied career, with opportunities to work in various locations and teams, and across different functions and projects.
If you like the idea of an exciting variety of work in a diverse global team, then we want you to get in touch.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and supportive person who will support the Safety, Health, Wellbeing, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) activities at the GIC
- The role requires creative problem solving and risk management approaches
- The focus is on providing activities at the GIC, both operational and project-based, with SHEQ support. This will allow area managers and project leads to carry out their SHEQ responsibilities to the desired standard.
- Be the Voice of SHEQ with a ‘Safety First’ and ‘Efficient Built-in Quality’ approach, continually developing a safe working culture.
- The successful candidate will lead and support SHEQ improvement projects.
- Support progress towards group wide sustainability goals
- The candidate must be able to work both alone, and within cross-functional team across the site. An ability to prioritize and see synergies between applied measures will be required for achieving the best outcomes.
- The role will require process improvement to ensure compliance, efficiency, and productivity
Duties and tasks
- Provide Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality support, and guidance across the site.
- Be a role model for the Element Six values and provide visible felt leadership for Health & Safety, Environment and Quality
- Proactively identify and act upon safety, environmental, wellbeing and quality risks and opportunities and prioritise appropriately
- Support and manage SHEQ improvement projects and initiatives utilising world class manufacturing techniques.
- Maintain ISO 9001 & ISO 45001 certification.
- Working closely with all functions, administrate and continually improve the Integrated Management System and associated SHEQ systems.
- Liaise directly with the innovation projects to understand their needs, challenge approaches, and provide support and guidance.
- Deliver SHEQ training such as toolbox talks, inductions and support specific site training needs.
- Ensure site emergency response processes are always able to perform as required
- Lead weekly HSE reviews with local team and regular HSE committee meetings
- Manage legal and group compliance such as PAT, LOLER, DSEAR, Pressure Systems, COSHH, Legionella, WAH, CE, PUWER and others
- Carry out process audits, risk management initiatives & training.
- A point of contact for SHEQ, supporting and/or leading investigations into SHEQ issues.
- Network inside and outside Element Six group to secure access to a wider range of techniques and skills.
- Operational experience in a high-risk environment
- Ideally would hold formal SHEQ qualification (NEBOSH / IEMA or equivalent).
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders and complex demands.
- Ability to adapt to the demands of the organisation and pioneer new solutions to cater for its needs.
- Knowledge of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality management systems and tools.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or ISO 45001 systems and auditing desirable.
- A keen sense of priorities and delivery on commitments, a drive to find solutions, but also the confidence to say ‘no’ where appropriate.
- IT literate with skills in workflow management, data handling, and visualisation (e.g. dashboards).
- Experience and understanding of Lean, Preventive maintenance principles, or Six Sigma beneficial.